Our Journey Into Homeschooling

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Being Impulsive

Yesterday was such a beautiful day!  We skipped school and stopped off at Starbucks before meeting some friends at the park yesterday morning.  It was chilly enough for a sweatshirt, which is unusual for mid-April in Corpus Christi.  The girls played and played.  We heard little girl laughter and saw sweet smiles on their faces.  And I got some grownup conversation, always a bonus.

Taking advantage of some lovely weather is one of the reasons I want to homeschool.  I like schedules.  Lists satisfy me.  I thrive on organization.  However, there are times when I simply must step outside my routine and just do something impulsive, although I can't say that this play date was really impulsive since I planned it last week.  What can I say?  I am not an impulsive person.  But it was different and it did require Bridget to miss school.

I am counting down the weeks until the end of her regular classroom school.  Our homeschooling will officially start August 13, that will give us two months off.  The decision to begin early was due to a discussion with my sister-in-law, Aimee who made a really good point about it being too hot to do anything else.  We plan to have a relaxing summer with lots of playtime.

And maybe, just maybe I'll work on my impulsive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment